How might Integral Coaching® and poetry, respectively and collaboratively, facilitate true transformation, you ask?
Lindsay Kelkres and I explore these questions and others in her show, Art Actions: Featuring Newtown Art and Artists, which aired in June on CTV 21 in Connecticut. Thanks to Lindsay and the folks at CTV 21 for sharing the show with a larger audience now.
See the bullets below the screen for some of the areas we explore.
A deep bow of gratitude to Lindsay, who asked me wonderfully open-ended questions and allowed me to reflect, riff, respond and rant in an open-ended way, and who captures the essence of our conversation through her skillful editing – no small task.
If you like where we go in this exchange, please like and comment on the show on Lindsay’s Facebook page, on YouTube, and on this page as well.
Here’s a taste of some of the areas we explored:
- The respective benefits of reading and writing poetry
- What is a poem? (yikes)
- How poetry differs from other forms of writing
- Why bother writing poetry
- When is a poem finished (how I “know”)
- Common obstacles to learning to write poetry
- How poetry helps us learn about ourselves
- How other poets and poems affect and inspire
- Inspiration: when, where and how it may come
- What is Integral Coaching®
- Why Integral Coaching® and why ICC
- How Integral Coaching® helps people
- How certainty and fear inhibit development
- Does all art lead to self-transformation
- One life skill for everyone in the world???? 34:50 (YIKES!)
- Are we all artists?
- Two poems for you…