...and thanks for visiting. Latest blog post is available here.
Enough with the…Talking Points: Doing More Good than Harm in Conversation is now available in both paper ($16.00) and Kindle ($4.99) editions.
Would you like to send a copy of the book to a friend for free?
Participate in our Buy One, Review It, Get One Free: 20 Gift Books for 20 Reviews Offer
Full Details Here
This overview provides a synopsis of what informs my work as an educator, coach, workshop facilitator, poet and author. For more detail please click on an appropriate tab beneath the cover image above.
I engage writing, coaching and teaching/facilitating as vehicles for self-knowing/not knowing, ongoing development/transformation, and healing. My interest and expertise are in humans and development (as opposed to any particular profession), and my clients come from diverse backgrounds, including business, education, healthcare and the arts.
I currently do this work through my private coaching and writing practices, and through my associations with Teleosis Institute, Bauman College and Integral Coaching Canada. Past affiliations include Maryland University of Integrative Health and The Graduate Institute, among others.
My personal experience, and my experiences with clients have convinced, and continue to convince me that the three ‘goals’ above – self-knowing/not knowing, development/ transformation, and healing, are essential and inevitably present and available to each of us.
I believe that lasting change (i.e. true transformation) often emerges through three broad avenues:
• grace – something shifts, we don’t understand it exactly, and we see and behave in the world in a new way; also called serendipity
• tragedy/suffering – something unexpected, such as loss, illness or injury, happens and as we attempt to live with and through it, we learn to see and behave in the world in a new way
• commitment to intentional practice – we choose to learn to see and behave in the world in a new way, and we engage practice(s) that help us develop the capacities and/or competencies to do so
We can wait around for grace, try to avoid tragedy/suffering, or commit to practice – whatever “practice” might mean amid our current worldview, circumstances, needs and desires.
Toward the end of making intentional development more easily accessible (not necessarily easy), I engage a variety of tools and methods that include but are not limited to:
- Integral Coaching®
- Voice Dialogue
- Poetry, writing, and “language-at-large”
- Soulcraft® – as that term is used by Bill Plotkin and Animas Valley Institute
- Leadership Agility 360® Assessment
- Everyday Mindfulness
- Various forms of inquiry, informed by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey’s Immunity to Change®, Byron Katie’s The Work®, and others
- Integral Theory and Applications (which allow me to see with ongoing clarity how “all of this” fits and functions)
- A commitment to the roles of innocence, wisdom, compassion, vulnerability, love, forgiveness, courage, kindness, mystery and a sense of humor as we negotiate the exquisite goofiness and gravitas of our existence
If you have any questions about anything on (or not on) this site, please call or email. I’d love to chat.
Fillet of Soul With a Dark Night Glaze
- If you enjoy poetry, and would like a poetic taste of some of what informs me and my work (and play), click on the first photo of me (dressed in black, talking with my hands) on the sidebar… or check out the video below (10 minutes) which gives you a live rendition of the poem, along with the story behind it. Enjoy!
The Quality of Effort
- If you’re interested in The Quality of Effort: Integrity in Sport and Life for Student-Athletes, Parents, and Coaches (a sane approach to youth, interscholastic and intercollegiate sports), this link will take you to that page.
Living Poems, Writing Lives
- If you’re interested in engaging poetry and poetry writing as vehicles for self-knowing and transformation, click here (or on the “Workshops” tab above).
Integral Coaching® and Integral Master Coach™ are registered trade-marks in Canada owned by Integral Coaching Canada, Inc. and licensed to Reggie Marra
Copyright © 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 by Reggie Marra