...and thanks for visiting. Latest blog post is available here.
Scroll down below the book announcement for a site overview and an introduction to my work. Thanks!
In April 2012, my colleague, John Stoddart wrote the words “Coaching and Healing” atop one of a dozen or so blank posters hanging from a conference room wall in Ottawa. Nine of us chose to join him, not knowing where we might go together. Thank you, John.
Click on the book image to learn more or purchase, or just go to http://coachingandhealingbook.com/.
Available on Amazon.
Integral Publishers, 2016.
I engage writing, coaching and teaching/facilitating as vehicles for self-knowing, ongoing development/transformation, and healing. My interest and expertise are in humans and development (as opposed to any particular profession), and my clients come from diverse backgrounds, including business, education, healthcare and the arts.
I currently do this work through my private coaching and writing practices, and through my associations with Teleosis Institute, Maryland University of Integrative Health, Integral Coaching Canada and The Graduate Institute, among others.
My personal experience, and my experiences with clients have convinced, and continue to convince me that the three ‘activities’ above – self-knowing, development/ transformation, and healing, are essential and inevitably present and available to each of us.
Lasting change (i.e. true transformation) often emerges through three broad avenues:
• grace – something shifts, we don’t understand it exactly, and we see and behave in the
world in a new way
• tragedy/suffering – something unexpected, such as loss, illness or injury, happens and as we attempt to live with and through it, we learn to see and behave in the world in a new way
• commitment to intentional practice – we choose to learn to see and behave in the world in a new way, and we engage practice(s) that help us develop the capacities and/or competencies to do so
We can wait around for grace, try to avoid tragedy/suffering, or commit to practice – whatever “practice” might mean amid our current worldview, circumstances, needs and desires.
Toward the end of making intentional development more easily accessible (not necessarily easy), I engage a variety of tools and methods that include but are not limited to:
- Integral Coaching®
- Leadership Agility 360® Assessment
- Poetry, writing, and “language-at-large”
- Soulcraft® – as that term is used by Bill Plotkin and Animas Valley Institute
- Various forms of inquiry, informed by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey’s Immunity to Change®, Byron Katie’s The Work®, and others
- Integral Theory and Applications (which allow me to see with ongoing clarity how “all of this” fits and functions)
- A commitment to the roles of innocence, wisdom, compassion, vulnerability, love, forgiveness, courage, kindness, mystery and a sense of humor as we negotiate the exquisite goofiness and gravitas of our existence
If you have any questions about anything on (or not on) this site, please call or email. I’d love to chat.
Fillet of Soul With a Dark Night Glaze
- If you enjoy poetry, and would like a poetic taste of some of what informs me and my work (and play), click on the first photo of me (dressed in black, talking with my hands) on the sidebar. Enjoy! →
The Quality of Effort
- If you’re interested in The Quality of Effort: Integrity in Sport and Life for Student-Athletes, Parents, and Coaches (a sane approach to youth, interscholastic and intercollegiate sports), this link will take you to that site in a new window (http://qualityofeffort.com/).
Living Poems, Writing Lives
- If you’re interested in engaging poetry and poetry writing as vehicles for self-knowing and transformation, click here (or on the “Workshops” tab above), and check out the now-in-process Living Poems, Writing Lives site from time to time as it takes shape during the summer and autumn of 2014.
2016 HOT Schools Summer Institute handouts are available here (password required to open):
From June 6-10 I hosted The Future of Health Coaching Summit with Dr. Joel Kreisberg. This was a free event in which we interviewed leaders in the health and wellness coaching field. Click on the banner below to learn more and get access:
Integral Coaching® and Integral Master Coach™ are registered trade-marks in Canada owned by Integral Coaching Canada, Inc. and licensed to Reggie Marra
All content Copyright © 2014, 2015, 2016 by Reggie Marra