This is the first in a series of brief writing prompts designed to help you get your feelings and thoughts onto the page.
No previous writing experience required.
Continue reading below the video for more information.Grave and Goofy Poems: Narrative Healing in Uncertain Times – Episode 1 from Reggie Marra on Vimeo.
- Appropriate (fun and easy) for parents who are home now with their kids.
- Each episode will present one way to begin writing – a writing “prompt” and anyone who actually does the prompt, i.e. writes for a couple of minutes (as opposed to just listening to it and not writing) will leave the session with at least one poem beginning, which you can then work and play with.
- Prompts can be easily adapted for younger children, young adults, adults, seniors (anyone – really).
- Some episodes will include, in addition to the prompt, a brief overview of / introduction to a poetic / literary device / tool – like image, metaphor, simile, voice, conflict, theme, line, diction, punctuation, texture, completion…
- This is intended as an introduction especially for:
- anyone who has never written a poem before, or who thinks he or she cannot
- folks who have not written poetry or prose as a way to understand themselves and their world before
- parents who are at home with their kids
- teachers who have little or no experience teaching poetry writing
- anyone else who’s willing to explore the power of poetry / the written word to heal
- Each episode will provide a resource or two for further exploration.